What heroic act would you be willing to do in defense of Science and the scientific method?

Yesterday, for the first time, I gathered enough courage to face a succubus. As always, he jumped in the window and pounced on the carpet while I curled up in a corner to whimper. But this time I began to reflect: What a shame! Science did not deserve this daily humiliation that one of Its most eminent representatives supported in His name. What would Einstein think about that? Then the cholera invaded me. I suddenly got up and began to rebuke the succubus. "Damn succubus (I exclaimed), do not you realize that you are compromising the credibility of Science? Science has Its rules, and according to those rules you can not be eating the carpet for the simple reason that YOU DO NOT EXIST !!” I thought that these last words would have an effect on him. But no: he was devouring the carpet indifferent to everything. It was disgusting to see him salivate with his mouth full of carpet threads. I became frenzied: "You do not exist !! You do not exist!! (I shouted) Does nonexistence mean nothing to you ?!" But the damn succubus still did not pay attention to reasons, did not even bother to look at me. I thought again of my admired Einstein. How would he have acted in a similar case? After reflecting for a few moments I snuggled back into my corner and resumed my whimpering.

A donation for needy children in exchange for this story? Click on this link to UNICEF. I really appreciate it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"THE DEAD WISH GOOD NIGHT" (a paranormal tale)

WHAT IS A THRILLER MOVIE?

WHAT IS THE “HIDDEN PLOT” BEHIND ‘GONE WITH THE WIND'?